the Cultural Times

U can't puff or sniff it. U can't see it but can U feel it? It could be a weekly propaganda rag that will soon be out of existence. We all show signs of its effects & yet we still manage, whether good or bad. What do I speak of? I speak of TIME! "What TIME is it," is probably the most asked question in the world. The great & late Dr John Henrik Clarke used 2 say that "History is a clock that people use to tell their political & cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography. Hisory tells a people where they have been or what they have been, where they are & what they are. Most important, history tells a people where they still must go, what they still must be. The realationship of history to the people is the same as the realationship of a mother to her child." Who amongst us would say that these are not wise words? Non-believers will exit the screen here but 4 those of U who stay, hold on - I'm gettin there. This piece 2day is about TIME. Should we check the CLOCK or should we dream? I do know that TIME is cultural. Are Afrikans the master of this thing or is my Westernized concept of TIME superior? Who's time is it? What is TIME anyway? IMO, TIME is a measurement of your cradle 2 the grave existence. What do you have TIME 4? What do you make TIME 4? Where do U spend it? TIME here in Afrika is measured differently as people here are ROUTINELY 2 hours late & seemingly, very casual about it. U see, being from NY makes U responsible in that most peeps take the train & bus & have 2 leave home with at least a 30 minute window 2 be anywhere in NYC on TIME. Your job depends on it unless you're the superstar that I never was. In Ghana, I use 2 wonder y 80% of those I met with were at least 45 minutes late but I no longer do that, as I was explained that, Afrikans master TIME & there4 do not regard TIME in the same way as we from the west do. Alot here is figurative as opposed 2 literal. It's actually all quite abstract until U live here but I still don't like it. So who's right & who's wrong? Should I adjust & go along with this or should I try 2 change those dang latecomers? When I do a transaction, should I WAIT for my change or should I act like a crazy ass vexxed Amerikkkan? OK y'all, this TIME thang aint over yet. We'll finish this one here in due TIME. HOLLA BLAK!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOMOSExxxUALITY Part IV - Mark Curry On 'Dancing With The Devil' & MORE!

Dick Gregory the AGENT is EXPOSED!

Dr. Sebi- The Truth about AIDS, Black Leaders, and Healthy