R.I.P Chokwe Lumumba



August 2 1947 - February 25 2014

Any MAN who Attorney at War Alton Maddox bigged up gets my VOTE!!! May he R.I.P & as I think they KILLED him, always REMEMBER when OUR TIME comes.........

In Memoriam of Mayor Chokwe Lumumba ©
By Alton H. Maddox, Jr.

            The announcement of the death of Mayor Chokwe Lumumba of Jackson, MS hit me like a ton of bricks. When the federal government stated, in 1981,  that Chokwe Lumumba must be barred from all courtrooms, because he was a "terrorist", Black activists, without exception, ran for the tall grass.  Since Lumumba was a Michigan attorney, he sought admission pro hac vice to New York.  This would eventually become a landmark decision for activist lawyers. He would represent Fulani Sunni-Ali.

            There had been a bank robbery in Rockland County, NY.  Some of the suspects were members of the Black Liberation Army. Law enforcement agents had conducted a pre-dawn raid in Mississippi.  Fulani Sunni-Ali was a target of the raid. Law enforcement agents were killed during the New York bank robbery.

            Inside the meeting at the NYCLU, white attorneys were giving conditions for their representation of Chokwe. This sounded like a prelude to the "new Don King". Patriotism should have its limits. I knew that I was better in the courtroom than any white attorney in New York and in the room. Thus, I told Chokwe to saddle up and ride with me and Warren. This started a relationship between Chokwe, Michael Warren and myself. Warren had already been associated with me at NCBL Juvenile Defense Project.

            Chokwe and I stayed close until his death. He had enjoyed legal success in New York. I went to his wife's funeral in Detroit. When Chokwe was having problems with a disciplinary committee in Mississippi, I made a trip to Mississippi to support him. Chokwe was supporting the Scott sisters. I was at a well-planned rally for them. I also returned to Mississippi on his election as mayor of Jackson, MS.

            Chokwe is survived by two fine children. His wife knew from heaven, that Chokwe had done an excellent job in raising them. I would have been in better financial shape to go to Mississippi if members of the Freedom Party had not engaged in a costly and systematic foot-dragging campaign. Black people can ill-afford to play "games".  When a comrade dies, no funds exist to show your respect. The "games" consumed the funds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOMOSExxxUALITY Part IV - Mark Curry On 'Dancing With The Devil' & MORE!

Dick Gregory the AGENT is EXPOSED!

Dr. Sebi- The Truth about AIDS, Black Leaders, and Healthy