My Adventures with Tupac...Brainchild gone ROGUE - Part IV

2pac still alive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqJAnQTwmJs

this series is continued from Part III. Had to take a break from it bcuz of so much happening in the world. For Part's I - III, go here

I http://black2afrika.blogspot.com/2015/06/my-adventures-with-tupacbrainchild-gone_19.html

II http://black2afrika.blogspot.com/2015/06/my-adventures-with-tupacbrainchild-gone_23.html

III http://black2afrika.blogspot.com/2015/06/my-adventures-with-tupacbrainchild-gone_26.html


Rule number 1 Never lie! A man only has 2 things in this world & that's his word  and his balls. Never shall the two part was my motto. I despise anyone who lies. Never trust them or anybody you can't throw 20 feet. Plus if you tell them the truth they can’t use it against you.

Rule number 2 Never use the word like when rapping  because there is no greater thing than self & so why compare? It only makes you look less than what you are referring to. I believe to use similes makes your statement less profound & so instead, I instructed him to keep it real and say what it is, call it, describe it & paint a picture anyone can envision. For proof, it was like when Biggie dedicated 'Juicy' "to all the teachers that said I wouldn't amount to anything." Metaphors were subject to association meaning they had to fit the theme.

Rule number 3 No subliminal messages; if you got beef with someone say their name! I hated at that time, many Rappers were saying subliminal stuff about each other on wax and causing confusion. LL would often wonder if Kane was making references to him and ask my opinions. I called it calling out competition with battle rhymes. Also, I instructed that Tupac start each record with a dedication or at least introduction to who or what the song was about. Got to talk to ya audience I would tell him.

Rule number 4 Never show your ‘ass’ in or other words, never sell out for fame. No liquor endorsements or anything that would be considered suspect for money.




https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS3rher4_2E&list=PLKPVCMEKd7DEQDomMGIa_iLTsBi1g1W7L (Pour out a lil Liquor)


Language used was often misunderstood when the word GUN was used! The word was meant as a synonym for BRAIN meaning, using brain cells or logic to kill enemies with knowledge. I learned that from KRS1 and instilled it into the Tupac formula. Just Ice, the Rapper was a gangster Mafioso style lead as inspiration to inspire my creation of Thug Life. I thought about my own lifestyle choices and gear I wore while going to Latin Quarters with street smarts from Brooklyn. Who does the Don or Boss send out first to secure the find? Thugs always arrive first to hold something down or to collect the loot. A Thug’s violent mentality or demeanor is to be the first to arrive and claim ownership for the Boss. Pac created Thug Life loosely off of our combined life experience running the gamut of taste, rules, visions, lifestyles & dreams of hope for a better tomorrow. Thug Life when combined with the Black Panther style was similar to Gangster style but we wanted it to stand alone for younger generations as a manual. Tupac defined "Thug as someone who has gone through struggles, going thru that struggle and continues to live day by day with nothing for them from the dominant society." That person is a Thug and the life they are living is the Thug Life. A Thug is not a gangster; look up gangster and gangsta & it's not even close my friend. Thug Life was supposed to be a one-album concept that took off more than expected. Remember this is only one persona of ‘Tupac’. I had many others to create and share.






Thug Style consisted of Hoodies because as a kid growing up in Brooklyn, I always noticed Wanted Posters in the subway. The dudes in there looked like me and they always had a hoodie on and so I adopted this look for a more ruff and threatening look. I wore rugged jeans like Carhartt or Levis, thick hoodies from Champion, Timberland or Carhartt, with Tim boots. The construction worker look (graffiti overalls also cuzz it was country) was the basis for gear worn to represent Thug Life. On the flip side, for special occasions, we DONNED Versace, Italian & Indian Silk or Linen worn baggy to breathe. I also styled LL Cool J and influenced Kane on how to dress back in the 90's. I gave Pac full instructions as I did with all artist's I worked with on how to shop and dress for their persona. http://youtu.be/_21NzpafU9o. Big Daddy Kane Performing ‘I get the Job Done’ is in a Gold Suit I designed while touring with LL. I had this outfit made by Dapper Dan in every color. Kane saw it on a rack & insisted on having it! He added some shoulder pads and rocked it on Rap Mania in a music video. Thug Life combined with Black Panther philosophy was the foundation for a worldwide movement of principle.  


TUPAC IMAGE - the Genesis Pattern

In creating Tupac, many rules and restrictions were implemented.When in appearing in music videos, Tupac was never just rapping to the camera. Instead, the actions of what he was saying would be acted out. Tupac would rap off camera or as a character in the act. None of that straight rapping to the camera. The focus was the story so actors would be necessary to tell the story. Tupac's main focus was to paint a vivid description of ghetto life, tragedy and lessons that would teach the rules of engagement for youth coming up. It was important that you always introduce yourself when having a conversation with someone and so various ways to say his name were created. Tupac would talk about himself in 3rd person to project a larger entity. Tupac would remind you of his standards, expectations, hopes, dreams and aspirations. Remember Tupac loves you. I insisted Pac use Tupac in every song to make it stick and the earlier, the better. I really needed him to break the habit of not saying his name when rapping. Some may feel it redundant but I never want to wonder who I was listening to. It took Pac a while to understand that; he would often kick a 16 or a few 16 bars and never mention his name, I hated that but maybe I just couldn't get him to understand the importance of it all.

 
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_NlIDwvwc (I ain't no Joke)


One day on the tour, Pac spit his latest song. He was very sure I would be impressed & would like it but he was all so wrong. I told him it was wack & to get outta my face. He sat down stumped & confused & as I felt his disappointment, went on to explain I don’t talk or listen to strangers. He never once said his name in the rhyme & like a conversation with a stranger, I’m not interested. So we argued & as usual, he would not take my word for it & so I had to convince him yet again. This was Creation of a Legend 101! First, I explained to Pac the memory of man is short & that thousands of fallen soldiers are in unmarked graves. The Greatest has to be remembered in order to claim the title and go undefeated. When having a conversation with someone, a proper introduction is necessary. Many rules and restrictions were formulated for 1 desired outcome; to be the Greatest of All Time. Pac wanted that title from day one with no clue as to what that really entailed. I explained a lil further, "Tupac, the persona has to set precedences, behavior and attitudes. I told him to never smile in pictures because Rakim, one of my favorite Rappers' said about never smiling, "life‘s to serious" which was the opposite of Pac who stayed smiling laughing & joking. This is where Pac and 'Tupac's troubles began. When Pac was treated like his persona,'Tupac' or ‘Bishop’ by the media, politicians or fans, he didn't always handle it well. Pulled in many directions by so many different forces for any young man is crazy.

 

LETTER TO MOM’S

I remember one day Pac kept nagging me about a song that was very dear to his heart; we both had ruff childhoods growing up in NYC with single mothers. He wanted to write a diss song about his mom & all day long he kept bringing up the subject. I also had mixed feelings about my Mom and...............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byyWQEYzS2A  (Dear Mama)






                                            - more in Part V aka to be continued -


Please use these links to contact The Don for Artistic Direction or subscribe to my pages







https://www.facebook.com/pages/Doncer-Ent/44180756771

www.youtube.com/doncer
Thanks for understanding
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Doncer-Ent/44180756771

Thank you for your support

2Pac The Don GOAT formula
https://t.co/OF0ZDr3KHQ detailed info about Biggie Jay-Z Puffy origins. Don Killuminati~☆

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOMOSExxxUALITY Part IV - Mark Curry On 'Dancing With The Devil' & MORE!

Dick Gregory the AGENT is EXPOSED!

Dr. Sebi- The Truth about AIDS, Black Leaders, and Healthy